The second EWFA Council meeting for the year was held in Edinburgh on 15-16 July 2019. Since last meeting in Amsterdam in March, progresses have been made on different topics:
- EWFA is currently finalising an official Technical Paper on the topic of visible light measurement for the automotive sector, aimed at window film distributors, installers and regulators and law enforcement officers. This Paper shall be published in September-October 2019.
- Communication activities: Following up on the reshaping of the EWFA website, and in line with EWFA’s rebranding and revamping strategy, new fact sheets, case studies and other knowledge materials should be made available to members before the end of 2019.
- CE marking: This long-term work topic is being followed-up closely by EWFA at European level, through the CEN-CENELEC Working Group working on the topic of CE marking for window films.
- Changes in membership categories from January 2020 on were also discussed, as an alignment with IWFA membership categories and fees is planned. More information on this topic to come in the EWFA September 2019 Newsletter (only for members).
- EWFA Strategic Plan and deliverables: EWFA Council members agreed on the lines to follow for 2020 and specific deliverables: Technical paper, accreditation schemes for the window film sector, webinars… The consolidated Strategic Plan shall be presented during the next EWFA Annual Membership meeting in Munich in January 2020.
- Finally, an expert in fire ratings attended this meeting, to discuss with Council member about impact on the building sector of new legislations in this field, and potential development of this work topic for 2020.
Next EWFA Council meeting will be held in Munich on 24th January 2020, right after the EWFA Annual Membership Meeting, to be held in Munich on 23rd January 2020.